Posted December 11th, 2020 at 6:33 pm by Dan Musick
Customers sometimes ask if they can substitute a different v-belt for their operator. In this video, we demonstrate how to adjust a LiftMaster motor, so the belt fits properly, even if it is a different length.
Here are the steps for adjusting a LiftMaster motor so the v-belt fits properly.
- Unplug the power or flip the circuit breaker.
- Loosen the four bolts that secure the motor frame to the operator frame. Loosen the nuts just enough to allow the motor to slide.
- Install the new belt.
- Raise and lower the motor as needed for the belt to fit snugly, but not too tightly.
- Align the motor pulley, v-belt, and the larger clutch pulley.
- Level the motor.
- Tighten the four nuts and bolts.
- Restore the power and test the operator.