Garage Door High Lift & Vertical Lift Inquiry
Custom garage door high-lift kits put space between the top of the vertical track and the bottom of the horizontal track.
The following form will walk you through the measurements and other information that is needed in order for us to quote a high lift conversion kit for your garage door. High lift kits increase the vertical rise of the garage door so that the door reaches the horizontal track closer to the ceiling than with a standard lift garage door. This form will follow the first two sections of our High Lift Garage Door Conversion
Custom High-Lift Kit Includes:
- New torsion spring or springs (longer life options usually available)
- High-lift angle and bracket pairs
- Pair of custom-length cables
- High-lift cable drum pair
- Angle extension piece
- All of the necessary fasteners
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The kits do not include the track extensions nor assembly unless you special-order them as an option on the third page ahead where we ask if you want to reuse your horizontal track. Typically, entire new track is not required, but if you are interested in replacing your entire vertical or horizontal tracks, you can browse the parts on our tracks page. Please specify special requirements in the comment section.
The purpose of high lift garage doors in residential settings is typically to allow a lift to be installed in the garage door that raises one car high enough off of the ground to allow for a second car to be parked under the first. Installation of high lift kits should only be performed by experienced do-it-yourselfers as it is a long process that is very dangerous.
Under most circumstances, you will be quoted prices for your custom high lift kit before submitting this form. If a spring pair cannot be immediately found or if your kit requires special calculations, the price of your kit will not be given as we will contact you shortly regarding the cost of your kit after performing further calculations.
If your ceiling height allows for more than 54 inches of high lift, you will have the option to convert over to commercial hardware for your high lift kit. If your ceiling height is at least twice your door height, you will have the opportunity to receive a quote for a vertical lift conversion kit.
We can also quote roof-line high-lift kits through this form, but if you want your door to open at more than 45 degrees from parallel to the garage floor, please contact us as your kit will need to be calculated manually.
Customers often ask if they can raise their doors even higher than our program allows. This link to our blog article titled, "High Lift - How High Can I Go?" should help answer any questions you may have.
NOTE: The kit does not include tracks nor assembly unless you select them on the third page ahead. Most of our cutomers cut off the inside protions of their horizontal tracks to use for their vertical track extensions.
1: Door Info
3: Additional Info