Posted August 25th, 2017 at 11:08 am by Sales Team
DDM now stocks Flexible Brush Seal! Made with a flexible plastic, it’s designed as an alternative to the original brush seal with a rigid steel support edge. Several features make it an excellent option for your commercial doors and dock levelers.
- The price is lower than that of the rigid seal so you save on cost.
- Flexible plastic allows the brush seal to be rolled into a box. This reduces shipping costs.
- It is available in rolls up to 200’ or 100’ for three inch brush, allowing for custom lengths.
- Extra rolls can be easily stored by maintenance departments for quick repairs.
- Plastic support edge is thermally joined to the brush material, virtually eliminating fraying.
- Unlike the rigid seals with steel edges, the plastic will not corrode or rust over time.
One minor drawback is that product comes curled up in a box; extra care needs to be taken to assure the material is straight when inserted into the retainer. Also, the 1 3/4″ brush is not available in the flexible seal.
Original Brush Seal with Steel Support Edge
Frayed End on Original Brush Seal
Now in stock and ready to ship, our new flexible brush seal is available in four sizes made to fit in our standard side and top retainers.